Monday, July 25, 2011

Organization problem

This is driving me nuts
SHOES
for 4 people

We are shoe by the door kind of people
But here is the problem....
They end up looking like this or worse

And even if you line them up
they look like this...
still not the nicest thing to walk into the door to

 AND what do you know, MORE SHOES
in the garage right before you enter the house

Does my family just have an obscene amount of shoes
or do other people have this problem too???
OR do you walk up the stairs with your shoes on and put your
shoes in all your different bedrooms?

I know what you're thinking

Dah Owens, a shoe rack!

Here's where is gets tricky!
My husband doesn't like shoe racks! 
Even in the garage where it would only be seen by us

 I think these 2 shoe racks are okay, but they really don't hold very much

 My next ideas are a front entry bench but Josh doesn't want to pay
$375 for this bench from Pottery Barn because kids destroy things
Or there is this big shoe rack that I think it kinda cute
but Josh thinks it's ugly = /

Anyone have any creative solutions
Cause I can't take the front door mess anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Have you looked at IKEA? Or You could always put the shoes ito
    Baskets underneath a bench. Just find a bench and reupolster it. We just put our shoes in our baskets or drawers in our rooms
    And only leave out a pair or two. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Ikea idea. They have one that's white and looks like a tall, thin dresser. You'd never know what's inside. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you. We always seem to have a colossal mountain of shoes by the door, and they never look neat and orderly, even when we have had a shoe rack.

    ReplyDelete